Kim Keith is a catalyst for art oriented endeavors in the Yampa Valley with an eye for innovation and creative problem-solving. With a prodigious creative skill set and experience revolving around design, marketing and event coordination, she is a multi-faceted contributor to the Steamboat Springs Arts Council. Kim is an accomplished artist in her own right with work including sculpture installations, mixed media and photography. With numerous gallery exhibitions and vast commissioned work, her art resides in private collections throughout the United States. She also likes high-heels and anything that sparkles.
Contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dagny McKinley was given her start as a photographer at the Steamboat Springs Arts Counci. She was also fortunate enough to receive a ‘Give Creativity A Shot’ re-grant from the SSAC for her book on the history of Perry-Mansfield. When the job of Development Coordinator came up, Dagny realized there was a way that she could give back to the SSAC for all they have given to her. She can’t wait to learn more about everyone who calls Steamboat home in order to find ways the SSAC can benefit them.
Contact Dagny at email@example.com
Barb King is an award-winning designer. Her background is in book design, Art Director in advertising and most recently Development & Communications Director for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mid-Missouri. Barb moved to Steamboat permanently in 2015 after vacationing here with her family since the ‘90s. She is interested any activity that includes having a cup of coffee, which is why she can be easily bribed with a cup of coffee with cream and a pastry (any kind of pastry).
Contact Barb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy Carter made her way to Colorado in 1996. Christy has always had a passion for the arts and will try her hand at just about anything, but photography has always been her favorite. Christy studied at the Art Institute to receive her degree in photography and could not be happier now that she is surrounded by art and artists daily with her position with the Arts Council! Taking on the roll of Facility Manager is something Christy is excited to take on. To have hand in the upkeep growth of such an amazing and historical building is truly special to Christy.
Contact Christy at email@example.com
Steamboat Springs Arts Council Board Members
Jim has lived in Steamboat Springs, permanently, since 1979. He originally came to Steamboat in 1970 after graduating from Colorado State University. After spending several years as an accountant, controller and supervisor on the Front Range, he moved back to Steamboat Springs. He was the Chief Financial Officer for TIC at the time the company was acquired in 2008 and retired in August 2012. He has been married to his wife Erin since 1993. They have four children. Jim has served on the Board of the Family Development Center, the Yampa Valley Medical Center and the Steamboat Springs School District. He likes to ski, hike, mountain bike and read.
Sharon graduated from the University of North Carolina with a degree in Art. During her career she worked as a designer for Karastan Rugs and as Merchandising Director for Tultex, an apparel manufactory. Sharon moved from NC to Steamboat Springs in 1993 to enjoy the outdoors hiking and skiing. She soon became associated with the SSAC, first as an artist member and later as a member of the Visual Arts Committee.
A consultant in the Performing Arts Industry, Betse has over 30 years experience in performing and fine arts administration, production, budgeting, booking and technical oversight. A resident of Steamboat since 1971, she had her own Fine Arts business before founding Strings in the Mountains (Strings Music Festival) with John Sant’Ambrogio in 1988. She participated in all facets of building the organization from 8 concerts to a nationally recognized and award winning summer festival and year-round diverse performing arts presenter. Her most recent position at Strings was Director of Operations and Non-classical Program Director. Since leaving Strings after the 2013 season, she served as Interim Executive Director of the Colorado Music Festival and Center for the Musical Arts for the 2014 season. She is active as a talent buyer for clients and was instrumental in establishing Art Steamboat. She currently sits on the Steamboat Chamber Resort Association Board. She also serves as a grant panelist for numerous organizations.
I grew up in the Berkshires of New England in Upstate New York. I have always lived in the mountains and value the lifestyle that it affords. I am an avid horsewoman and enjoy the outdoors immensely especially on my horse… trail riding. I am currently the owner two companies: Jones Wither Steamboat Property Management and Naturally Clean.
I have been involved in the arts throughout my life. In my youth I constantly was drawing, designing and creating from drift wood mobiles to giant macramé sculptures. My major was Advertising and Design with a minor in Printmaking. I am now learning & enjoying stain glass and I am taking fusing & slumping classes. I also am currently experiencing my renaissance in Printmaking at Oehme Graphics. I am looking forward to many more wonderful experiences serving on the Board and being the Visual Arts Committee liaison. I can’t wait to see what the future brings.
Matt grew up in the southeast & received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Mississippi in 2006. He spent the next several years traveling the globe as a white-water rafting guide & professional photographer. Around that time he worked as a jungle guide in the Ecuadorian rainforest, he spent a ski season at Chile’s Valle Nevado, & worked on a photojournalism project in South Africa, just to name a few. Matt spent his first winter in Steamboat in 2007 & has been in love ever since. After finally settling down in Steamboat full time, Matt got his Real Estate license in 2012. In 2015 Matt was named the youngest owner at Colorado Group Realty. He has placed in the top 3 Best Real Estate Agent category, of the Best of the Boat contest for the past 4 years in a row. In 2016 Matt was honored in the first annual 20 Under 40 Young Professionals in Steamboat event, & he won the Best Mustache award at the Steamboat Springs Mustache Ride that same year. Matt joined the board of directors for the Steamboat Springs Art Council in 2016 as well & is serving as the Chairperson for the Creative District Steering Committee. In 2017 Matt married his best friend of 7 years, Caitlin Murphy, & they currently share a mutual obsession with powder days, cats, asian food, & street art.
Susan Hover Oehme
Susan Hover Oehme received her BFA in printmaking and painting from the University of Michigan, School of Art in Ann Arbor. Sue is a life-long artist who launched Oehme Graphics in 2010. As master printer she works with internationally known artists. As a freelance printer she teaches numerous printmaking workshops in Colorado. Ms. Oehme lives in Steamboat with her husband, Randy, and their son, two dogs and one fat cat. She works in her painting studio at her home, and also likes to ride her mountain bike and practice yoga.
Bio coming soon…
Steamboat Creates Committee Members
- Co-founding director of Warehome Studios
- Self-employed owner of Anderson Ceramic & Design
- Working in the building trades as an artist and faux finisher for 15 years
- Instructing ceramics classes for 20 years
- Resident of Steamboat Springs for 17 years
- Creative District Seat = Working Artist
- Has worked in Steamboat Springs nonprofit sector for 20 years; 14 years as Executive Director of the Tread of Pioneers Museum
- Colorado Creative Industries Certified Change Leader; Leadership Steamboat Graduate
- Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management | Bachelor of Science: Anthropology/Psychology
- Promotes and organizes Routt County and Steamboat Springs cultural and heritage events and tourism
- Creative District Seat = History and Heritage
- Worked in Governor John W. Hickenlooper’s Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- U.S. Peace Corps, El Salvador and Peru
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration
- Works on activities, programs and policies that improve the quality for life and economic well-being across Routt County.
- Creative District Seat = Economic Development
James De Francia
- Served on several non-profit boards
- Chaired Committee on Public Art for the Urban Land Institute
- Advisor on planning and growth, including public art placement, to several US cities as well as foreign governments
- Past public service in historic preservation in Colorado
- Graduate of the US Naval Academy
- Creative District Seat = at large
- Serves on multiple Boards of Directors
- Steamboat Leadership Graduate Class of 2014
- Local realtor; lived in Steamboat 10 years
- Co-Founder of Yampa Valley Gives
- Business Administration Degree from the University of Mississippi
- Professional photographer
- Creative District Seat = Chairperson, SSAC Representative
- Undergraduate and Graduate Studies: Art History and Ecological Design and Planning
- Worked as a Community & Economic Development Planner in Western Massachusetts, encouraging civic leaders and the greater community to engage in public art and placemaking initiatives.
- Worked as a Landscape Designer in Washington D.C., specializing in designing urban farming systems
- Plans to help support local vitality through supporting arts and culture as a way to build community and civic engagement within the Yampa Valley.
- Creative District Seat = at large
- Planning Director for the City of Steamboat Springs for 7 years.
- Previously, Urban Design Director, Planning Services/Historic Preservation Manager and Plan Implementation Manager for the City of Denver between 1992 and 2010.
- Chaired design committees for Denver Mile High Stadium, the Colorado Convention Center and Convention Center Hotel.
- Served on public art selection committees for numerous public projects in Denver.
- Licensed Architect and Founding Principal of City Design Architects and Planners in San Diego, CA, 1986 to 1992.
- Creative District Seat = Community Development and Planning
- Documentary producer, PBS
- News producer, ABC
- Classical music DJ, NPR affiliates in Florida and Georgia
- Master’s Degree: Musicology | Bachelor’s Degree: Music Education
- Creative District Seat = Performing Arts Sector
- Nonprofit Management for 9 years
- Independent artist working in Steamboat Springs for 18 years
- Colorado Creative Industries Certified Change Leader
- Art School Studies: Commercial Photography and Design
- Advocate and catalyst for arts and culture initiatives in Routt County and Steamboat Springs
- Creative District Seat = Director
- Executive Director Main Street Steamboat promoting economic development in Downtown Steamboat Springs thru historic preservation, marketing, events, creative placemaking and education
- Member of the National Advocacy Board for Main Streets
- Serving on the Board of Directors for The Steamboat Chamber Resort Association and The Chief Theater
- Member of the Steamboat Economic Development Committee
- Over 20 years of Multi store retail management experience
- Creative District Seat = Main Street