Create Space Art Pantry
Community members, artisans and art enthusiasts can drop off their new or gently used art supplies and tools to the Resource Room. We donate the items back to local schoolteachers, service groups for art projects, and individual creatives.
Please contact Jill@SteamboatCreates.org to set up a time to drop off your supplies or to gather materials for your next project.
Visiting Artists Program
The Steamboat Springs Arts Council’s visiting artist program affordably integrates arts into the curriculum of elementary, middle and high schools as well as senior and assisted living facilities and pre-schools by placing professional artists in classrooms throughout Routt County. The length of a project can be 2 hours to 20 hours based on the project length, needs and budget. We have created Create Space, art pantry, that serves as a clearinghouse for up-cycled art supplies and tools that allow us to remain environmentally conscious and create projects out of materials that for some have little value but in the hands of an artist can be transformed into something beautiful. We encourage you to mine Create Space and use up-cycled resources in your project.
What We Teach
- Visual Arts – bookmaking, pottery, sculpting, painting, drawing, mixed media, collage, jewelry making, etc.
- Writing – creative writing, journaling, poetry, self-expression
- Music – Singing, Percussion, Music Theory, Cultural and Historical Explorations, Songwriting, Performances
- Theater – Spoken-Word Poetry, Skit Writing, Improv, Stand-Up Comedy, Play Creation, Historical Drama, Short productions, Storytelling
- Dance – Ballet, Interpretive dance, Hip-hop, Modern, African, Salsa, Country-Western, and Fusion
Professional artists conduct short-term, project-based projects with participants in a specific art discipline that is chosen by administrators, educators or artists. Participants explore their own voice while developing their creative problem solving skills and imagination, resulting in an expanded awareness of their own creative abilities. There are over 20 talented artists and performers on our artist registry to choose from ranging from visual, literary, and performing artists. If you are interested in becoming a Visiting Artist, please contact the jill@SteamboatCreates.org