3rd Crawford House

The third house built by James and Margaret Crawford, the founding family of Steamboat Springs, is the large stone house at 1184 Crawford Ave. It was constructed in 1894 of stone from the Emerald Mountain quarry. The family occupied this house until Mrs. Crawford’s death in 1939. Crawford’s descendants purchased the house in 2004 and have carefully restored it to its original appearance.


1184 Crawford Ave.