Contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Grathwohl is thrilled to be joining the Steamboat Creates team as the Development Director. With over 15 years of experience working side by side with non-profits throughout the country, she takes pride in building strong partnerships and relationships, executing successful events, and helping non-profits meet their goals. To date, Jennifer has raised just over $1 million dollars for non-profits.
Jennifer is also an artist in acrylic and digital art – often paying homage to endangered and threatened animal species. In her spare time, she loves traveling with her husband and daughter, spoiling her pets, and volunteering in the community.
Contact Jennifer at email@example.com
Sylvie Piquet first fell in love with Steamboat Springs as a teacher at Kids Kabin Preschool and continued to stay connected to the area as the Training Coordinator for Mindful Life. Sylvie moved away for ten years to Mount Desert, Maine, where she worked as a camp director for a non-profit outdoor education and recreation center and summer camp. It was in this role she fell in love with event and program coordination that stimulates, connects, and feeds the surrounding community. Thrilled to move back to Steamboat Springs with her partner and two dogs, Sylvie is excited to root herself into the community as a member of the Steamboat Springs Arts Council team. Sylvie loves hiking, yoga, swimming, mermaids and travelling.
Contact Barb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual Arts & Gallery Manager
New team member coming soon!
Steamboat Springs Arts Council Board Members
Matt grew up in the southeast & received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Mississippi in 2006. He spent the next several years traveling the globe as a white-water rafting guide & professional photographer. Around the time he worked as a jungle guide in the Ecuadorian rainforest, he also spent a ski season at Chile’s Valle Nevado and worked on a photojournalism project in South Africa. Matt spent his first winter in Steamboat in 2007 and has been in love ever since. After finally settling down in Steamboat full time, Matt got his Real Estate license in 2012. In 2015 Matt was named the youngest owner at Colorado Group Realty. He has placed in the top 3 ‘Best Real Estate Agent’ category of the ‘Best of the Boat’ contest for the past 4 consecutive years. In 2016 Matt was honored in the first annual 20 Under 40 Young Professionals in Steamboat event. He won the Best Mustache award at the Steamboat Springs Mustache Ride that same year. Matt joined the board of directors of the Steamboat Springs Art Council in 2016 and serves as the Chairperson for the Creative District Steering Committee. In 2017 Matt married his best friend of 7 years, Caitlin Murphy. They currently share a mutual obsession with powder days, cats, Asian food, & street art.
Jim has lived in Steamboat Springs, permanently, since 1979. He originally came to Steamboat in 1970 after graduating from Colorado State University. After spending several years as an accountant, controller and supervisor on the Front Range, he moved back to Steamboat Springs. He was the Chief Financial Officer for TIC at the time the company was acquired in 2008 and retired in August 2012. He has been married to his wife, Erin, since 1993. They have four children. Jim has served on the Board of the Family Development Center, the Yampa Valley Medical Center and the Steamboat Springs School District. He likes to ski, hike, mountain bike and read.
- Has worked in Steamboat Springs nonprofit sector for 20 years; 14 years as Executive Director of the Tread of Pioneers Museum
- Colorado Creative Industries Certified Change Leader; Leadership Steamboat Graduate
- Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management | Bachelor of Science: Anthropology/Psychology
- Promotes and organizes Routt County and Steamboat Springs cultural and heritage events and tourism
- Creative District Seat = History and Heritage
- Worked in Governor John W. Hickenlooper’s Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- U.S. Peace Corps, El Salvador and Peru
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration
- Works on activities, programs and policies that improve the quality for life and economic well-being across Routt County.
- Creative District Seat = Economic Development
James De Francia
- Served on several non-profit boards
- Chaired Committee on Public Art for the Urban Land Institute
- Advisor on planning and growth, including public art placement, to several US cities as well as foreign governments
- Past public service in historic preservation in Colorado
- Graduate of the US Naval Academy
- Creative District Seat = At Large
- Planning Director for the City of Steamboat Springs for 7 years.
- Previously, Urban Design Director, Planning Services/Historic Preservation Manager and Plan Implementation Manager for the City of Denver between 1992 and 2010.
- Chaired design committees for Denver Mile High Stadium, the Colorado Convention Center and Convention Center Hotel.
- Served on public art selection committees for numerous public projects in Denver.
- Licensed Architect and Founding Principal of City Design Architects and Planners in San Diego, CA, 1986 to 1992.
- Creative District Seat = Community Development and Planning
Bio coming soon!
With more than 10 years of experience in in marketing strategy, content creation, social media, advertising, email, and SEO, Lauren offers successful digital marketing solutions for national insurance and financial services companies, publishers, small businesses, and nonprofits.
Lauren have her MBA from University of Denver’s Daniels School of Business. She is HubSpot Inbound certified, Hootsuite certified, and has won two national Azbee Awards. In addition, Lauren has served on the board of the Colorado chapter of the American Marketing Association and the Business Marketing Association.
Lauren is exploring the world with her husband and dog Telle, eating good food, practicing yoga, skiing, and gardening.
Bio coming soon!
Bio coming soon!