Lena Yock purchased her 160 acre homestead here in 1903. A son built the log barn to shelter dairy cows and store hay around 1926. The Yocks retired from agriculture in 1957 and sold the land to neighboring ranchers, Jerry More and family. In 1971, the Steamboat Ski Area paid More a fee to use the barn in a promotional photo. The image of the barn and the ski mountain became internationally famous. In 2008, four acres, including the barn and cabin, was deeded to the City of Steamboat Springs. The barn was stabilized and the cabin was reconstructed.